How to add sata driver in xp 64 bit os?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by laizhouit, Oct 19, 2009.

1. laizhouit

laizhouit MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
    Anyone,Please tell me,I want to make 64 bit dell os,but i don't know,how to add sata driver in xp os.
    If you can,please help me,and tell me where can download last new sata driver with 64 bit.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    Why do you say that? I disagree. It has a few extra settings that I find useful.

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    It is messy, and you have much more control to do manually. The driver addition takes a number of steps to complete effectively, Nlite is a terrible tool for messing up installs, but seems to accomplish the driver addition effectively.

RyanVM has a much nicer tool, and it is cleaner in its operation. Maybe PM Urie for another tool???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I have been using both Nlite and RyanVM quite a lot lately.

Nlite works very good for Driver integration with Xp x64.

I have found both of them to be great tools, but both can be a bit inconsistent.
    Even more so with 64 bit Xp.

My conclusion is only used them as what they are, Tools.

Learning how to do the Modification manually is the best way to go. It gives you the know how, so you can follow behind the tools and make sure everything is done right.