How to add SLIC to compressed Phoenix BIOS (LG notebooks)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mgasparri, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mgasparri

mgasparri MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    After a very long testing, I have my LG S1 Pro Express Dual notebook modded BIOS with SLIC.

These are the steps I followed.

1) Bricked my BIOS, so I can send it to the warranty, and maybe receive a new BIOS with SLIC, cause the notebook is "Vista ready". (LG doesn't have BIOS updates for the S1 on Internet.)

2) Received my notebook with new BIOS with SLIC! But a ROM hole over the table. :(

3) Backuped my BIOS with WinPhlash (using an old BIOS I've found on Internet as the "new" file).

4) Used PHComp to decompress the file.

5) Opened the decompressed BIOS with PBE.

6) Replaced the word "SLIC" from ACPI6.ROM and BIOSCOD1.ROM to "RSVP" (I didn't like the word "TEST") with WinHex.

7) Replaced RSDT string in BIOSCOD1.ROM, copied a SLIC table to ACPI7.BIN, and modified the file ROM.SCR with "ACPI ACPI7.BIN -X". (This steps, according to the tutorial found on this forum.)

8) Flashed BIOS with WinPhlash. Notebook boots allright.

9) Right now, installing Vista Ultimate x64, and praying...

I've tried to replace the present ("half") SLIC table with a full one, but after flashing an booting, and checking with ACPIScope, it's full of FF's again (due to the ROM hole, I presume).

Is there any way to remove the ROM holes? I don't like to have an unusefull table in the ACPI.

Help would be appreciated, and feedback will be very welcome!

Regards,

Mauro Gasparri
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

2. mgasparri

mgasparri MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    Vista activated.

Woohoo! :D

3. pincopallino

pincopallino Guest

Congratulations! Would you mind uploading your "good" BIOS somewhere, so other S1 Pro users can benefit from it as well?

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Enjoy! Greetings to Argentina. (Good friends of mine are Argentinian);)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    can you share the guide link please?