How to backup apps downloaded from apps?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Tariqahmad, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Tariqahmad

Tariqahmad MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    #1 Tariqahmad, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    How to backup apps downloaded from appstore?

I just installed windows 8 rtm and downloaded some apps from the store.Now i want to make a backup of the apps but cant find a way do it.I used recimage but it makes whole system backup.So please tell how to it.

2. hclarkjr

hclarkjr MDL Member

Nov 18, 2007
    i came here this morning to ask this very question too, i also did the exact same thing you did with the backup. hopefully there is an easy answer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tariqahmad

Tariqahmad MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    I made typing mistake in writing the topic.It is how to make backup of apps downloaded from appstore.sorry for this and also why no one replying my question.Also i would like to share that i found a windows 8 activator on some torrent site and it activated my win8 pro but the personalisation feature does not get activated so try it out and share your opinion.

4. win_seven

win_seven MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    windows 8 activator is a crap!!!!!
    but your first question is very intresting and i have not the answer.
    remake your question propely and maybe....

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I think, there is no need to back up the apps as they are stored as installed/noninstalled on your live-ID on your store. You find all apps when you use the same ID for several machines. It is very easy to install them again straight out of the "your apps" folder in store.

6. Tariqahmad

Tariqahmad MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    @win_seven, Paul Desmond
    thanks for your replies.
    I want to make a backup of the apps downloaded from store because whenever i will format my pc i will lose my apps and have to redownload it and i or whoever do it, it will lead to loss of money as well as bandwidth.In many parts of the world the internet connection is very costly and of poor quality like india (i am from india), so suggest some ways to do the above task so that everyone can save money as we dont have to download the apps every time we format.
    Now about the activator i think first you should try it.You can find it on any torrent site,it is of about 51 mb in size ,so go for it.I used it and it worked perfectly.