How to backup Insyde H2o Rev 3.7 BIOS?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sayhelloto, Jan 14, 2013.

1. sayhelloto

sayhelloto MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2013
    Do you know how to backup a Insyde H2o Rev 3.7 BIOS of a Lenovo U510?

Had no luck with Universal BIOS Backup tool and flas**t.exe. After modyfiing it I'm not able to flash it back with InsydeFlash or flas**t. Error: The bios size does not match. (same error without modyfiing)

Is there an option to extract the BIOS with InsydeFlash.exe without flashing a new one? (or any other tool)

Thanks in advance.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    there is usualy a file .ini that is the settings for the flash.
    i believe there is a section u can uncomment the ; to make it backup.

3. sayhelloto

sayhelloto MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2013
    yes, thats true. But InsydeFlash.exe don't do any backups without flashing. Maybe there is a parameter to do just a backup?

4. sayhelloto

sayhelloto MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2013
    ok, i found a solution: cmd.exe "InsydeFlash.exe xxx.fd /g"

But now I've another problem: Flashing it back. InsydeFlash throws this erorr: It only supports to flash secure BIOS on current platform.The image to be updated is not a secure BIOS. Any ideas? Thanks

5. litan1106

litan1106 MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2013
    I think you used the newest version, the old version won't show "It only supports to flash secure BIOS on current platform."

I got mine to backup bios to flash with flas**t 1.5(see attached) and InsydeFlash 5.13.

I modded the bios with whitelist removed but I got Flash Write SMI ERROR with InsydeFlash 5.13. and restarted with flas**t

Attached Files:

6. eddysalim

eddysalim MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2015
    well i have a acer r7 572 computer my question is how can extract .bin or fd in the insydefash file . i m crazy trying to found any slution but nO? but some user can do in biosrequest.
    that is my question how can do that ??? extract move and other things but.bin or fd is not there ?