How to backup SMS messages?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by sigolina, Apr 21, 2010.

1. sigolina

sigolina MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2010
    I want to save some of my SMS message onto the PC, because it is very important for me. I want to back up them for later viewing.
    Can somebody gives some useful suggestion? I will appreciate that.

2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I would recommend Bitpim for this as it is widely the most accepted tool to do this kind of stuff however it may have some issues with your cell phone firmware.

3. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Depending on your phone, software may be provided by the manufacturer to do this. I know for sure samsung pc suite can do this and i think also nokia.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. herriscalvin

herriscalvin MDL Novice

May 11, 2010
    If you are using any company mobile PC suit is their with that model so from that you can connect that with PC then after you can get the back up from mobile to PC for the SMS also.

5. luiggi

luiggi MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    If you have a windows mobile phone I suggest Spb Backup, it does backup your sms and a lot more (if not everything residing in the phone)

6. rickymaccullum

rickymaccullum MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    As far as I know there is no way to backup SMS without installing additional software, so if you want to save those beloved SMS messages, you'll need to be willing to consider some software options.

7. Wurzel.

Wurzel. MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2010
    For my sony ericsson I use Sony Ericsson PC Suite 6.0 :) Very easy to use :)

8. krisannie

krisannie MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2010
    As long as I know there is no way to backup SMS without installing any additional software, so if you want to save your SMS , you'll require some software options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Coddy

Coddy MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2010
    U can use iMobileTool SMS Backup.

10. selenajay

selenajay MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2011
    Dear friends plz help! I saved some of my SMS message onto the PC. Then before i format the pc, i got offline backups . Now i want to restore it to the pc. How can i restore it ? becouse there were lot of important messages...:confused: (i'm using k530i Sony Ericsson phone)
    rep soooon

11. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    How did you backup?

12. selenajay

selenajay MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2011
    I used "my phone explorer".It was Downloaded about 7 months ago.(The one which venu said above) I went throught extras - create backup - create offline backup & then save the backup file in a folder. Now, don't konow how to restore it. Help?

13. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    Isn't there a "Restore from Backup" option in that explorer?

14. markyorose

markyorose MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2012
    I strongly recommend that you use "Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer", because I just purchased, I feel very good.
    I encountered similar problems, this software really solved my problem, thank you.

15. Onsbea

Onsbea MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    They were talking windows mobile. Not Android.

16. paulinasalsa

paulinasalsa MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2012
    Use iTunes backup for this. Instead of just syncing, try to force a backup in iTunes. Right click on the phone under "Devices" on the left-hand side of the iTunes window, and then click "Back Up".

17. manwa

manwa MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    try this Wondershare MobileGo for Android it can save contacts also.

18. neetaiphone

neetaiphone MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2013
    I have been using LG PC suite for this purpose it depends from phone to phone you have not mentioned the model of your phone which you are using