how to block a websites for users'

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaveRick23, May 13, 2013.

1. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello friends,

I want to block social media and some other website on my job for users' and can you help me and give me instructions/explain how to do that?

thanks in advanced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Google this term: "How to edit hosts file".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #3 Humphrey, May 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use a Load Balancer for to do URL Filtering and block suspicious websites for to get accessed. If your Router allows URL Filtering, you could just do the same. You could also use an advanced Firewall for to same procedure and block in- and outgoing traffic to specific sites. But you also must be able to block those sites for specific internal IP's only or the effect would be for all machines in the Network.

To do blocking on a single machine, could be done as Humphrey above explained. But that could be easy changed by the user of that machine!

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I always did it via my company's firewall. Since the firewall regulated all computers, it was a simple task.

6. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Thanks,

i want to block for all users'. if one modem or router is connected 10 users for example is possible to block from modem websites for them?

7. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Yep ........

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    With an firewall it's the most easy way. With Router and Modem-Router, it could be done depend an the Firmware of those device. With an Modem you may could block port 80 or so and that would work for ALL connected computers!

Question is: what hardware we're talking about? Without have that details, it's difficult to give an precise answqer.