How to Build a Windows 2003 OEM (COA) STD R2 CD from VLK

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by hard__ware, Aug 17, 2010.

1. hard__ware

hard__ware MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    #1 hard__ware, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
    I need some help here,

I have been following lots of different threads here on the Forum's
    Which may i add have been very helpfull in the past ...

I need to build a Windows 2003 OEM (COA) STD R2 CD from VLK ISO
    VLK ISO Version: Windows 2003 STD R2 /w SP2

I cannot for the life of me get this to work
    I have verified using the 2003 PID Checker that they are indeed Generic OEM Keys

Yet i have not had any success.
    I have recently taken over as a IT person in a Large Company
    where we have many Servers's with the above OEM 2003 Version
    with Genuine COA Lables on all machines, and we need to rebuild
    a couple from scratch as they have some nasty corruption,
    but i cannot find any of the original media & neither M$ or the Hardware
    Vendor are willing to help out and supply us another copy even if we pay.

Thank You

In advance ....

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
  3. hard__ware

hard__ware MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    #3 hard__ware, Aug 17, 2010
    (OP)
    Thanks for the Quick Reply,

So from what you are telling me our COA Labels are useless if i cannot find the Original OEM CD's ?

And yes i 100% agree about the MVLS / Technet Access
    we have access to eveything in our MVLS account except our Server Operating Systems

Not sure why the previous IT Admin would do that, maybee to save on the intial purchase cost of the operating systems ...

Excuse my ignorance, but when you say stickies i take it you mean previous posts ?

P.S. I have just manged to build a disk that will take our COA OEM Keys but for some crazy reason
    after install the operating system reports Windows 2003 /w SP2 and not Windows 2003 R2 ???
    and as you could also imagine online activation fails ...

All the servers are Acer Altos (have manged to find the corect OEMBIOS.* files on this site)
    but during the build of the last cd that just completed and tested as above i used the Generic OEMBIOS.* files ...

anyways thanx again ... =)

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #4 sebus, Aug 17, 2010

Attached Files:

5. hard__ware

hard__ware MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    Cheers for the Clarification ...

I thought that was the case, but you can never be to sure unless you are properly told so ... =P

Just so happens i had compiled those exact same files about 25 mins ago started a burn in nero and went out to grab a quick bite to eat.

When i got back i ate and found your new post. nothing better than having somone once again clarrify what i had just done ...

Am installing the new disk image right now, will post back success or failure for Internet based Activation when using our COA Key.

Certainly one of the best forums i have used in many years and i thank you very much for your time. =)

6. hard__ware

hard__ware MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    #6 hard__ware, Aug 17, 2010
    (OP)
    Posting Success /w the exact last set of files you posted (identical ones that i had already found just before you posted them) ...

Small side effect, still dont have the R2 listed in System Properties as you would normaly expect and then i realised just as you pointed out above

you need to install the second disk ... ROFL ... silly me i was getting to hasty trying to get it all working ...

Come January next year when i have a Full IT Budget i will make sure to get some VLK 2008 Server Licences and replace our server farm and make a move on to VM's

at the moment i have a IT Budget of $0 until they can allocate me some cash so this excersize has been very usefull and thank you for your time ...

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Pleasure, good luck getting it sorted

sebus