how to change font from bold to regular in a copied webpage

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by jraju, Jun 29, 2016.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi,
    I have copied a webpage, of course, in regional language, and selected paste special and pasted in word 2007 as unformatted text.
    Now i want to change the bold type font used in the source web page to regular font available in my copied text.
    The font size works , when i change it to anything big or small size.
    But i cannot change the bold looking font to normal look font.
    I also found that the web page uses courier new which is available in ms office 2007.
    I tried to modify font in Aa section and selected the format option to change the font, but it is not doing its work.
    Is there a way to change the appeared to be bold font to normal, or regular font.
    Every font change has option to regular , bold, italic etc.

2. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, no reply experts

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    paste into notepad and then copy paste to word as unformatted text. Its probably grabbing some CSS regardless of the unformatted part.

4. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, Thanks . I will try that . But can i try that with copied text or again copy from the web page. expecting quick reply from you , EFA

5. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #5 jraju, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    (OP)
    Hi, EFA
    Tried that , when i copied it copied as a kind of bold. I again pasted it using paste special , unformatted text. It stays the same . when i click bold, italic, regular, there was no change in the preview.Ofcourse, i know, that when you copy a webtext, the font of the source when pasted to default normal.dat , style documents gets transferred to the available default font type of the destination, ie, word document.
    But there must be a way out to change the bold to normal in default. I tried . One more information, when i copy , the web page, it takes the format of Aa in the Home tab, as Normal. Is that anything to do with that.
    N.B: Is that some font will look like BOLD in regular also, unlike other fonts that looks thin? If so , how to get thin fonts suitable to the font in question? It is courier new, which is present in fonts in msword

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Some I've always be able to change; some I've never been able to change. In those non changeable cases I've just retyped the info. But you have to be careful how you do that or you'll just get more of the same unwanted font.

My webpage copying and pasting is rather meager at best. If you have a lot of data in unwanted font size, retyping may be a wholly unworkable solution.

7. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, thanks for the reply. But Is some fonts have a kind of looking bold, even though it is not. I checked courier new in some other sites, all the fonts are looking like a bold font qualified text. As if a shadow, over a thin letter A as BOLD like Aa. I hope some understand , what i mean.
    If suppose, it is the actual normal font of the courier new, then whatsoever i try to change it will not change.
    I mean the font size of those fonts are still bolder if we choose the BOLD type font.
    There must be a way out there.
    When we copy the web page, the font there would be different from our default font. Ofcourse, microsoft touched upon this in their copy paste article. But it is a kind of messing of ideas, one will never be able to follow.
    The same paragraphs sub heading with a little change which will go unnoticed if you go through that and i do not find a way , how to intrepret.
    When we copy any text, with unformatted text, it copies all the text with out any hyperlinks and it is good. But i want to know the looks of the fonts to be sure , whether the web page is using normal fonts.
    There is no change in the size of the fonts, when copying the web text, but i want to know, is there fonts that look like BOLD in their normal behaviour.

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Yes, there are hundreds if not thousands similar fonts, which look normally as some other are bold. But if using "Paste as text", then all text is always without formats.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...