How to Change Windows 7 Icons Manually?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aero601068, Jan 12, 2011.

1. aero601068

aero601068 MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2011
    Even though Windows 7 icons are designed stylish and perfect,we are bored looking at the same icons everytime.It is common for everyone to expect a change and everyone would want to keep their desktop unique and rich.Changing the wallpaper and theme alone does not bring a big change in customizing windows 7.Changing icons could really bring a significant change and your operating system would look unique as compared to your friends desktop.

Many of them think changing icon would be risky and they avoid the idea of changing icons even though they are interested.Also i am forced to bring this tutorial to this blog in connection with my previous posts.For example,in my previous post "How to Pin Computer to Windows 7 Taskbar " i have recommended to change icon to avoid confusion.So Guys ,Follow the below steps carefully :

1) I am going to change this icon(see screenshot) to a different icon.

2) Right Click on that Program Icon and you will see something like this.

3) Again Right Click on that Program name.(In my case it is 'computer')

4) Click Properties and then Click 'Change Icon'.

5) You will find a lot of icons provided by default.Apply any of the icons that you want.If you have your own icon(.ico) files then browse to your icon location to apply that icon.

6) Finally Click ok and you are done.

2. aero601068

aero601068 MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2011
    This post really comes with snapshots.Since my posts in this forum did not cross 20 i am unnable to post with snapshots.If somebody would request me link to this tutorial i shall provide it.

3. Hoppyah

Hoppyah MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    spam mods ban him