How to check driver updates but not install immediately on Win10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by anonymous1279732, May 15, 2020.

1. Insanegamer1996

Insanegamer1996 MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Unlucky win 10 is crap on yet another front and will force drivers without ur knowledge. For example gpu and audio drivers you need windows 10 PRO to be able to block those updates and with home ur cooked. With home you can block it but with every update they will be back and with pro u can use gpedit to block them by hardware ID thats permanent. I think there is something called 'optional updates' in insider but it works like crap too i tested it and it shows some rare drivers instead of the main ones which are auto installed anyway like they do now. Win 7 rules on yet another front you are the man of your system and you install which drivers you want and not which ms thinks will work for you . Its a shame really they should add option in pre setup like ubuntu does ( they ask if you want them to install drivers or not ).

2. er557

er557 MDL Member

Apr 20, 2013
    windows update mini tool or update manager for windows are the tools for what you want, pretty much like it worked in windows 7

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You are probably an important or selected object, I have never had such a problem. Similar like with UFOs, some see them regularly, but some never. I have never seen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    #6 Super Spartan, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...