How to check HASH -- Windows 7 DVD ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by olivespin, Jan 14, 2010.

1. olivespin

olivespin MDL Junior Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I have a Win7 DVD and would like to verify that no data had been modified in any way, so may i plz know how to check frm DVD ?

NOTE: The dvd contain 1 additional folder that is not related to OS. So while checking HASH can i omit tht particulat folder and check ?

Second Question, when i check my build id i get - 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255, i know this is RTM build but why its showing as "amd64fre" as i am using Intel CPU? OR this is the way it gets displayed.

2. olivespin

olivespin MDL Junior Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I am still awaiting answer to my 1st question

3. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Zexy

Zexy MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2008
    What you might want to do is copy the "1 additional folder that is not related" to a safe place. Then delete that folder out of the ISO. If you're using something like PowerISO, it will want to rebuild the ISO after you do the delete. Make sure to check option to use original file dates. After the rebuild, check the hash to verify it's original. After verification you add the "folder" back in and rebuild the ISO.

If you're not sure you have a "Genuine" ISO, you can get that from the stickies up top of this forum section.