How to combine Office 2010 VLK / Retail into one ISO?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by knetxp, May 8, 2010.

1. knetxp

knetxp MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I have Office 2010 VLK and Office 2010 Retail.
    I want to combine them into one.
    But when I put them together and install Office, only VL version can be chosen, no retail installation choice.
    Who can help me with this? Thanks.

2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Thats because in the setup where everything is stored there are 2 different setup files one says ok your a volume copy or a retail copy...
    The best way to do what you want to do would be just to have 2 ISO's and put them on one DVD which should work out...
    You could put the auto runs in one thing and run it whenever you wanted to so hence you would have a retail/volume office 2010 Set...
    I would advise using the WZT choice isos do this kinda thing so when your finally done you would have all in effect a gold whatcha ma call it copy of office 2010...

If you wanted to do it the other way you would have to build a menu to choose Volume or Retail which would replace the auto run function in office 2010 but I don't know how that would be done...

3. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    I tried this already and the main problem I came up to is that if I edit branding.xml (which determines the text that shows up in the initial list of items you can install from the disc), then the setup reports a corrupted file. If someone knows how to edit any of the files without causing this, then you could rename the text and each one would show up individually.