How To Convert a Vista Recovery Partition to Windows 7 Recovery Partition

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by enyad, Nov 1, 2009.

1. enyad

enyad MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2009
    Hey guys, I have upgraded my Windows Vista Home Basic Edition that was purchased with a Packard Bell laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything is working great, and it was activated with Daz activator. However, I would like to use the factory restore partition to put Windows 7 restoration on it. My question is, does anyone know of a way to do this? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    You will probably have to talk to Packard Bell about that one dude. I know from experience that companies that do that have special programs and each company has it a little bit different dude. I am not sure. If you want to back it up just make a Image of your drive with a backup program like Norton Ghost or Acronis or something like that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. enyad

enyad MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2009
    thanks for the info...which is the better harddrive backup software, acronis or norton ghost?

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Acronis :)

5. bambara

bambara MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Honestly, I haven't tried norton ghost, so I can't compare between the two. But I used Acronis to backup and restored from three Acronis backups so far and they didn't fail me :)

6. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Same issue here on my Packard Bell laptop, didn't use a loader (upgraded Vista Home Premium > 7 Home Premium, didn't activate, Anytime Upgraded to Professional and use my legitimate key :eek: ) but the drive letter is missing and the backups are gone. I'll contact PB soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...