How to convert Office 2010 VL Installation to Office 2010 Retail, and change language

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by myhken, Jul 21, 2010.

1. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Hello, I need some help here.

MS has released Norwegian VL editions of Office 2010, but no retail version. They have released a language pack, so I can install the English retail version, and then install the Norwegian language pack on top of the English version. It' workes, but I want more:

I want a DVD with Office 2010 Standard and Office 2010 Pro Plus. both retail versions and both on Norwegian.

I tried to do the opposite of the "convert retail to VL thread", but then I only get a Norwegian VL edition again.

How can I make what I want? What folders do I need to copy, files etc?

I want to type in a serial when I install Office 2010. And I want it on Norwegian.

I have downloaded English version of Standard and Pro Plus (retail), I have downloaded the Norwegian VL edition, and I have downloaded the Norwegian language pack. So I have all the files I need.

Anybody that want to help me make this happen?

2. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Nobody know if this is possible? I know most of the users here try to avoid retail versions, but I have serial numbers, and want a genuine Norwegian retail DVD... maybe a challenge for somebody?

3. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    After a tips from a good person (Smorgan) I got this to work.

It was very simple. I unpacked both the English and the Norwegian Office 2010 version to my disk. Then I copied the folder: ProPlusr.WW and Standardr.WW from the English RETAIL version to the Norwegian VOLUME version, and deleted ProPlus.WW and Standard.WW from the Norwegian folders.
    I did not change any other files or folders.
    Then I used UltraISO to create new .iso files, one for Standard and one for ProPlus. And I have now a retail version of both Standard and ProPlus in Norwegian. And both 32bit and 64bit.

It save me times, since I don't need to first install English retail version, and then the Norwegian language pack after that.

4. evildave

evildave MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2010
    There are Norwegian retail versions, at least on Technet, both DVD images and .exe.

5. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
  6. evildave

evildave MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2010
    #6 evildave, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
    You're right on the DVD image only (I didn't look too carefully at that), but uncollapse the key field and it shows your retail key list.

And I've worked with the japanese images and they indeed are retail so this may be a packaging mistake on Microsoft's part if the norwegian images are VL. Microsoft people have said on the forums that VL images would not be released on Technet so you might want to bring this to their attention through your concierge.

7. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
  8. Archetype

Archetype MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2011
    :rofl6:

So help Microsoft's people :smartass:
    ..to do this right and easy.

9. c0f7e3

c0f7e3 MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2011
    I want a dvd office 2010 vl edition but I do not find the download link on technet. can you please send me the link download Norwegian VL editions of Office 2010?
    my email is c0f7e3 @ yahoo.com.vn
    Thank you very much!
    Sorry if my english is not good, I'm Russian and I translate this message into English by google.