How to convert pdf to word or PPT?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by youtuy, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youtuy

youtuy MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2013
    I've bought a pdf format ebook and would like to quote some sections to make a word or PPT presentation for my teaching class, buy somehow I can only copy text but not the charts and photos which are the most important things.So how can I convert the pdf ebook to word or PPT document without changing the original layouts? Can Adobe do that?Or any other software?

2. ballackay

ballackay MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2013
    Yeah I remember Adobe does have a professional converter can do that, but it cost a lot of money.You won't have to convert the pdf file.You can copy the text you want to your word or ppt file for further editing.As for the charts and photos, you can capture from the computer's screen and then put it into your file.In that way you can easily make your own word/ppt.
    But if you still want to convert the file, you can refer to the following articles:
    How to convert PDF to Word
    How to convert PDF to PowerPoint

3. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Microsoft Office 2013 does it. Opens any PDF files in Word. But PowerPoint I tested and didn´t work.

4. Proxus01

Proxus01 MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2013
    What he said or buy the convertor from Adobe

5. Kamar

Kamar MDL Junior Member

Dec 24, 2009
  6. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    #6 jayblok, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  7. Doyle PDFhousing

Doyle PDFhousing MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2013
    in fact, you can find some online pdf convertor, of cause you CAN!

8. rubiny

rubiny MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2013
    Converting a PDF to a DOC format can be challenging without Adobe Acrobat. As of October 2012, Acrobat XI Pro costs $199 on the Adobe website.But you don't necessarily need Acrobat to [convert pdf file to Word document]. There're lots of PDF to word/ppt converter on the Internet, just type your question to google and there'll be many recommendations.
    I don't have experience on [converting PDF file to PowerPoint], but you can try to save every page of the pdf file as image and export to a new PPT document.

9. cruyu

cruyu MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2013
    That's a common question pdf users've come across.
    PDF(Portable Document Format) was originally developed by Adobe, therefore Adobe definately has the most professional converter to help you do what you need, with a pretty expensive price of course.I don't think there's any other way to convert pdf format to word or ppt without a software, unless you are a programmer.
    Here're some information that might help you to solve your problem:
    How to convert PDF to Word/PPT/Text/Epub/image/HTML
    How to convert PDF to Word/PPT/Text/Epub/image/HTML on Mac

10. paulinasalsa

paulinasalsa MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2012
    I heard that Office 2013 can open pdf as word.doc.

11. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    NitroPDF is my choice about converting PDF to Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Result is 94% as far as I used.

Go here for official trial download. nitropdf.com/support/downloads

Search TPB for Activation methods.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Yupz! I also tried some free pdf - word converter online but maximum is only 3 pages of the pdf to convert.

13. cbdoc

cbdoc MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2013
    If you are only looking to convert pdf books try calibre. It's an open source epub converter that has a lot of functionality.

14. arronlee

arronlee MDL Novice

Apr 23, 2013
    Thank you for your sharing.
    It will be appreciated very much.
    But if you have larger documents and with mostly text and pictures, you could try a professional PDF tool. It woks great with an OCR sdk that will electronically read a document and retype it into another application like Word. It even keeps the formatting intact. It's kind of buggy, but it works quite well for basic documents and will convert text that is from pdf, jpg, tiff, etc. It can read anything. You can also convert the pdf ebook to word or PPT document without changing the original layouts.

Download the free trial and try it. Let me know if this helped and were able to do this with success.

Kind Regards,
    Arron

15. coatedpill

coatedpill MDL Novice

May 28, 2013
    I believe there is online coverter for that. I already used once of it but I merely forgot the link. Try Googling it :)

16. thebirdman

thebirdman MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2013
    hey ive been looking for something similar but had to find out converting pdf to word is a real hassle, sicne they only convert text and no images
    for you it might be of use though since you say you need it to take out a few bits

17. avatarsiz

Oct 9, 2010
    Hi,

It's easy to open pdf files with word 2013.

WAY 1:

1. Left click on your pdf file,

2. "In left click menu" click Open with...

3. Find word 2013

Resim1.png

WAY 2:

1. Open word 2013

2. "In Open File Window" Select file type PDF.

3. Find your pdf file and select.

Resim2.png

OK :)

18. kssbsr

kssbsr MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2013
    Google Docs may help you

19. elnora.stewart

elnora.stewart MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2013
    Find PDF converter here: pdfburger.com Just select the file from your computer and select the option where you want to convert