how to convert win8 wzt to retail

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dearajay, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dearajay

dearajay MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    Is there any way to convert MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.ENTERPRISE.RTM.X64.VOLUME.ENGL ISH.DVD-WZT to retail vl. I have already wasted my 8 gb in downloding win8. Firstly it turned out enterprise evalution version now wzt version. In both the cases, installation did not ask for any product key whereas I wanted to activate win8 by phone activation.

Now I am left with no data for this month and win8 activation and installation is pissing me off. Any help will be highly appreciated.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There no Retail Key's available (official) at this time. After October 26. differs.

You could install Windows 8 Enterprise now and ad the Key for activation after you get one (October 26. onward). But keep in mind, for Enterprise isn't an Special Upgrade available like for the Pro Version.

The OS will work, even MS didn't have any more a Grace Period on it like by Windows 7! It isn't known yet how long the installed OS will work without activation, it does already more than 1 1/2 month. So even the 30 day's applying nor more!

Or another choice is to use an KMS Key (GVLK) and wait till an KMS Server is online for activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    As far I know, keys from spark programs/MSDN/tehnet are retail one & they are already available.

;)

4. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Use an xdelta patch there are patches available out there that will patch any edition iso to any other one & you will have the msdn hash in checksum, you can patch a wzt version to pro ent core etc if somebody made an xdelta patch.

5. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    There is no such thing as "retail" Enterprise, it is a volume-only product for Software Assurance customers. It only accepts MAK or KMS-client keys. MSDN, Dreamspark, etc. will give MAK keys.

For Standard and Pro, no need to convert anything, just install the key you want to use, VL or retail or OEM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dearajay

dearajay MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    thanx all who replied to my query.
    is there any mak key for the version i have and how to activate it (i mean any working kms server or other way).

7. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    You can get working MAK keys, but not here. Google for it.

8. dearajay

dearajay MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    googling gets many mak keys but they can't be activated in the absense of working kms server.

9. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    you can't activate using MAK keys with KMS, if you want to activate with KMS use GVLK keys:D

10. dearajay

dearajay MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    Can u pm any working gvlk with working kms server? TIA.

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Check your Timezone, Date and Time, as well as your location. Set to your real location and Date/Time.

12. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    If it did not work check you synced your time with MS server beforehand & that you set your correct location in region.

13. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
  14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    not adding this port it defaults to, so there is no need to type it

15. dearajay

dearajay MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    thanx all, it worked, problem was time and loacation setting. win8 activated for 180 days, what after 180 days. doesn't phone activation forever? is yes then pls help me with xdelta package for converting win8 ent x64 to pro x64 and any key for phone activation.

16. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    1. this is the wrong thread for your issue
    2. you will not get any keys here as of forum rules

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Phone activation is out of discussion here on the forum, see Rules.

After the 180 day or even before you can reactivate using an KMS Server again and you'll get refreshed 180 day's again!

As for help, please use the Help button for the Thank You to those who helped you.

Thanks.