How to correctly backup a Windows 7 partitions where Windows Loader has been applied?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sum8744, Aug 27, 2014.

1. sum8744

sum8744 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2014
    I have a system with Ubuntu and Windows 7, which starts with GRUB; I've successfully installed Windows Loader.

Now, I'd like to backup Windows, in case I want to do a quick restore (I would use Clonezilla, specifically).

What exactly should I back up for having Windows running as before, after a restore?

Is Windows Loader writing outside of the partition? Is it going to be fully restored in the case I only backup the Window partition? I don't really mind about GRUB, because I would reinstall it via a Linux live cd.

Thanks.

ps. I hope this is the correct subforum. I couldn't post on the Windows Loader one.

2. rEApEAt

rEApEAt MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    As far as I know, Windows Loader does not write outside the Windows partition.

Therefore, if you ever need to restore the partition from the backup, I guess you'll have no trouble. Otherwise (in case of any trouble), I think you'll be able to run again Windows Loader and activate Windows after the restore.

I may be wrong, but again, as far as I know, you can backup your Windows partition without worrying about the DAZ loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...