How to create a .bat to organize my download folder

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by shadowplay80, Nov 22, 2013.

1. shadowplay80

shadowplay80 MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2013
    Hi, i have little to no knowledge of .bat files, and I was wondering if I could be able to make a .bat file which would be triggered by time (i.e at 23.59pm everyday) and moves all files in the Downloads folder to a newly created folder. This would make folder management a breeze. Thanks in advance.

2. jellybelly

jellybelly MDL Member

Oct 30, 2009
    It's not incredibly difficult.. but you'll want to practice on some fake test directories and files before using it for real.

Open up a command prompt, type move /? and learn about moving files and directories.

mkdir /? to create a directory.

Once you figure that out, create the batch file.. then set up a task in the Task Manager to run the batch file at the time you want.

3. mailus

mailus MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2014
    It's already available as software. If you are looking for that means Use it.. (Or) If you are developing a software for own use and practice means Take it as a example.

Google search it DropIt found it in sourceforge.( an Automatic File Manager to Process your Files )
    It is easy to use and programmable.

4. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    you can use task scheduler for the 24h timing and than run a batch that just moves the folder/files.
    if you have a batch that is always running you could use a loop with timeout.exe /t 51840 (24*60*60)