How to create an El Torreti Disk?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Hitoyoshi, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Hitoyoshi

Hitoyoshi MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2014
    Hey friends

I have to create an El Torreti Boot Disk to recovery my BIOS by using the Recovery Procedure

Its complicated and i tried to create one according to this tutorial but i cant post links here but it didnt work

i have to create this stuff cuz the recovery procedure doesnt really work on usb devices because of an EFI Shell Bug

Can someone create an El Torreti Boot Disk? I have to include this Files..<a href="ht tp://ww w solidfiles.com/d/fcc6487c06/IFlash32.rar">IFlash32.rar</a>

Thanks for reading

2. Hitoyoshi

Hitoyoshi MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2014
    okay

i have created one by using ImgBurn but it doesnt work

which sectors and segments do i have to load?

There are 4 files for the recovery procedure

iflash32.efi , FVMAIN.FV , RARec.cap (BIOS image) and startup.nsh (EFI Shell script for flash procedure)

So where is the bootloader?

3. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    Of course it will not work without a bootloader. You have to find one appropriate for the recovery procedure. However, without knowing more details of the recovery procedure, or the tutorial you are trying to follow, it's very hard to help you. Could you possibly link to the procedure?

There are a number of different ways of booting from CDs, depending on whether you want to boot using a traditional BIOS or a modern (U)EFI.

From the fact that your four files include EFI files, it's likely that you have to boot from the CD using EFI. For this you need a suitable EFI El Torito bootloader image.

It's possible that one of those four files you listed is in fact the bootloader image. Again, it's very hard to say without knowing the recovery procedure or what's in those files. Perhaps look at the file sizes. Are any of them a multiple of 2 Mb in size?

Another thing you have to watch out for is the "Emulation mode" setting when creating an El Torito CD. If I am not mistaken, it has to be set to "No Emulation" for EFI booting from a CD.

4. Hitoyoshi

Hitoyoshi MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2014
    Thanks friend :) Video ww w.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/BIOS_Recovery_demo.htm and the recovery procedure ht tps://communities.intel. com/docs/DOC-3064

its a modern EFI Bios and i think the FVMAIN.FV file is the bootloader because its the main File and i cant boot into the recovery efi shell without it

The size : 1,984kb of FVMAIN.FV

The files i want to burn ht tp://w ww.solidfiles.com/d/83afe20f05/IFlash32.rar

5. kbman

kbman MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2012
    #6 kbman, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    Removed due to wrong information

6. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
  7. kbman

kbman MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2012
    Keylorgo is right sorry I missed this line.

The system only boots from EFI-bootable recovery media with a recovery BIOS image present.

8. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    Hitoyoshi, have my links solved your issue?