How-to: Create Multi-language Windows Thin PC installation DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Embedded' started by Kouryu, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    #1 Kouryu, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Yeah, good tricks :worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ttmax

ttmax MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    #3 ttmax, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    I've used your method to create a 36 langages WinTPC installer DVD. Worked fine, thank you.

There's a way to have setup installer display in the requested langage.

For each integrated lp.cab , use expand command ( "expand -f:* lp.cab exp_dir" ) first and locate \sources\license\ and \Setup\sources\ directories in the expanded files.

After mounting BOOT.WIM index:2 in \Mount, copy \sources\license\xx-xx to \Mount\Sources\License\ directory and \setup\sources\xx-xx to \Mount\Sources . Then Unmount BOOT.WIM.

Then Setup will display in the installing langage as soon as you have choosen this langage in the first menu displayed during setup.

;)

4. Toptone

Toptone MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2012
    It doesn't work with the ITALIAN language pack

Sorry, mate. I did everything you said, step by step, but the ThinPC installation language and display language remains in English invariably, and cannot be changed after installation.

I copied the relevant Italian lp.cab from the Standard 7 SP1 32bit IBW ISO disc and put it into a new directory renamed it-IT in the ThinPC LangPacks folder (where the original en-US is).

Then I updated the lang.ini file and merged it into boot.wim using dism, as you instructed. On this respect, your description is a bit unclear. To merge lang.ini should I put it in a folder named \source placed in the MOUNT directory? I didn't really understand this step.

Is it really sufficient to put the updated lang.ini into boot.wim to get the Italian option at the installation menu? It doesn't seem the case, although I may have made some mistake.

I didn't put any language pack into install.wim, just some optionals as Search and .NET 3.5.

Any help will be extremely appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Toptone

5. sybux

sybux MDL Novice

May 31, 2012
    For the language pack, you need to use one from here :
    I've got a little question. I've made it run perfect if I boot on a USB key. Now I want to use it inside SCCM but every time I run my Task Sequence, it install in english. I've try to specify a unattend.xml file during the OS deploy task but it doesn't care about.

Does anyone have an idea ?

6. hamza1983

hamza1983 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    not workink for me

7. Diego Martinazzo

Diego Martinazzo MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2012
    #7 Diego Martinazzo, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    in the first atempt show error on installation "offline error"
    in the second attempt show error on boot "boot.mgr"

This comand not work for me:

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\oscdimg" -bC:\thinpc\build\boot\etfsboot.com -lThinPC7_MUI -t05/26/2011,11:12:00 C:\thinpc\thinpc7_mui.iso -u2 -m -h -o
    I've used this:

Code:
    oscdimg -h -u2 -m -o -bC:\thinpc\build\boot\etfsboot.com -lThinPC7_ptBR C:\thinpc C:\thinpc\thinpc7_mui.iso

8. charli1

charli1 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2012
    Yeah not working for me too. :mad:

9. junes977

junes977 MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, good tricks

10. nesmetamal

nesmetamal MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2013
    the last code not working

i did evry thing correct but when i going to make the iso nothing happin

the code not working any one can help please ?

11. nesmetamal

nesmetamal MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2013

can u make the code ? or make the explaning more simple for noob like me please ?