How to create Windows 7 ISO without Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by c0ldhart, Nov 14, 2015.

1. c0ldhart

c0ldhart MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I find internet Explorer unnecessary ( Correct me if im wrong ). Every few month i create custom Windows 7 Sp1 iso with integrated updates & IE11. but now i want to remove Internet Explorer from ISO. how can i do it? is there any serious problem if i remove IE from ISO ( ie. Activation problem or any other kind of ) ?. or it it possible to integrate IE 11 with all the updates but keep that feature disable from the start. Thanks in Advance

2. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    You can do this in NTLite. It will not cause activation problems, it's everything regular.

3. c0ldhart

Dec 16, 2012
    thanks for reply, until now i used rt seven lite & currently using Win Toolkit. is it possible in wintoolkit?. is NTlite better ( sorry but never used it before ) & does free version capable of doing this ?

4. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    You can also use Win Toolkit, along with NTLite. Both tools are even good, it's on your choice which one you will use, because with both tools you can remove IE.

Also, if you are good in creating custom ISOs, you can also use DISM.

5. c0ldhart

Dec 16, 2012
    Im not that good with command line

6. c0ldhart

Dec 16, 2012
    plz help. made New iso ( Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 ) with all the updates until now & integrated IE 11 Prerequisite Updates,Setup & all the later update but Installation stuck & shows error like that some features not getting installed so system will restart & after the it shows same error again & again, did i integrated botched up update? or any other problem
    using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1-U (X17-59465) x64 ISO ( Genuine )

7. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Leave IE 11 on there. If you don't like it don't use it. I use mine every once in a while if I have to go to M$ and download something. Leaving it there will not hurt anything.

The errors your getting may be that you have installed some update or updates that require IE 11. If IE 11 is not there then there may be an error!!

Even if you don't install IE 11 your disk will have at least IE 9 on it and maybe IE 10. Now you would have to remove IE 9 & 10 & 11 and make sure that any you don't have any updates on your disk now that have anything to do with any of the IE's. Good luck with that!!

This is the problem with creating a new disk every so often with all the new updates. All the old superseded updates that are not used anymore are still getting install because they are still on the disk. They could be removed (I think?) by DISM, but then that would be a bit of a learning curve.

Suggestion: Keep IE 11 or start from scratch with a clean ISO and do it all over not installing anything to do with IE.

8. c0ldhart

Dec 16, 2012
    i always use msdn refresh genuine iso, every few month i download & integrate all the update which are released since sp1 & integrate them but it looks like i used some bad updates. Usually i use Windows updates downloader but i couldn't find latest list so this time i used AutoPatcher to download updates since it download updates directly from MS like wud. ithink i got some bad updates this time. plz someone share the links for all the good updates ( Since SP1 ) so i can integrate them. thanks in advance.