how to delete KB971033 update ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Checkout!, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Checkout!

Checkout! MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Hello folks!

how could i delete the update for windows7, or is there any tool could stop rebooting the b0x for restarting every dam 2 hour!

/0x3

2. thedonofdeath

thedonofdeath MDL Member

Oct 6, 2009
    in uninstall update you need to go to control panel then go to uinstall update. when that comes up on the left hand side there is something that says "view installed updates" click that find kb971033 uninstall then go to windows update and find it and right click and go to hide. it will not download anymore. and box restarting? i don't know what that is but i suggest running removewat to fix it

3. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    You have to download and install Windows 7 RTM, you have a Beta/RC installed on your computer, and it will always restart every 2 hour. KB971033 has nothing to do with this problem.

4. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Furthermore, KB971033 won't restart any machine if it's deemed pirated. All that happens is nag screens, resetting background to black, and no optional downloads. It will run indefinitly in this mode.

An un-activated Windows 7 product will also continue indefintly in the above "notification mode". The only exception to this is the Windows 7 Enterprise Trial which will auto-restart after the trial expires.

Only Vista RTM had a super restrictive "reduced functionality mode" when the system failed genuine validation, and when the system wasn't activated. (well, XP can only load in safe mode if it is not activated outside grace)

5. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    as "myhken" has told you on top..
    you need to install "RTM" ..

the version you have is "BETA" which has expired .. this is why it's restarting every 2 hours ..

there is no fix .. only solution is to do a Clean Install with the RTM version ..
    do a search for it .. it's posted everywhere on this forum..

6. Checkout!

Mar 9, 2010
    The problem dear is i cannot download the RTM before 4-5 hours,:s it's need a FAST ADSL, i hope is there any tool or torrent file for a new RTM you can help me with it... so i can download it even if it disconnected by restarting ...

Thanks alot!

7. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Sorry, but you had many warning it would start rebooting. There was many warning that this would happen, I guess you did not want to listen to the warning.

8. Checkout!

Mar 9, 2010
    could you please help us with a latest RTM for windows7 ...

9. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #11 Rosco, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Checkout!

Mar 9, 2010
    Thanks Dear Rosco!

your solution the best as i beleave...

-j0

11. thedonofdeath

thedonofdeath MDL Member

Oct 6, 2009
    u could get usenet access. u could easily download and burn in time. otherwise use torrent. that will work.

12. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    There are so many seeds for original untouched images. Downloading win 7 64 bit 3 gb file takes around 15-18 hrs on a 512 kbps connection. Download that from this repository. Perhaps download a 32 bit version first which is 2.33 gb approx. Will save you some time. This is provided you get your PC working. Clearly you should have done this beforehand.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...