How to diable the picture screen when you open the laptop lid

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by skamath, Sep 30, 2016.

1. skamath

skamath MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2016
    Model HP envy x2 convertible.

I have it on permanent charge and have also disable the sleep and lock screen when lid is closed. However the screen shows me lock screen even with the "ask for passcode" off. I tried ignoring it for a long time as the pin is only four digits but today it showed me a side which I wasn't prepared for. The usual screen with a grey background this time with the icons of the right hand bottom which showed the wifi was not connected. When I tried the pin or the password it shows system is offline and advises to use the last used password but nothing happens after that.

I tried to connect to wifi but as soon as I tapped the icon the laptop froze and ended up in a restart.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the beautiful photo screen cos it is kinda getting on my nerves ATM?

The other question is what in the world is the last used password as the last used password doesn't seem to do anything. (Just in case this occurs again)

Cheers

Bat I am not hungry this time ;)

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    post a pic of your settings to see how u have it configured.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    AFAIK, you could bypass that by log on as Administrator! And I mean the User Administrator, NOT a user with Administrator privileges!

Note: Using the Administrator account could be quite dangerous, and you should know the risk BEFORE using that way!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    And I mean the User Administrator, very dangerous but user as Admin not so bad. that is what I use. and no issues

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    That sounds like a BSOD with the default set to restart. If that's true, you need to set it not to restart and you'll be able to see some sort of error message hopefully. If there was a blue screen, was there an error message?

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's fine if you're the only person with access 24/7 to that machine!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. skamath

May 11, 2016
    It just basic settings under power management where I have disabled sleep and require password when connected. It includes even the advanced power settings where hibernate, sleep and everything else that is available including closing lid has been set to do nothing when on charge.

The laptop is for home use and only I use it. There is only one user account setup and that is admin.

Sorry, I rephrase as nothing happened after I tapped wifi icon on the lock screen I forced a restart by holding power button. It wasn't BSOD I am sure as I have seen a few in my lifetime :D

8. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    You've disabled sleep but what about hibernation?
    Is there a setting in windows to control what happens when the notebook lid is closed??

9. skamath

May 11, 2016
    It is all disabled. when I close and open it is fine but if I close go to work comeback and then open it has got the picture on asking for PW.

The settings is available for what happens when the lid is closed and is set to do nothing.

10. jojovrtak1

jojovrtak1 MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    Y try :g: WIN+R > control userpasswords2 > disable Username and password

11. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    This is a lockscreen and not an auto-logon issue.

12. skamath

May 11, 2016
    Lock screen gone doesn't work. Getting error

13. sp00f

sp00f MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2017
    lockscreengone didnt work for me either.. when i open the lappy, i get username SIGN IN.. i dont want to have to keep clicking sign in.

win pro 15063.608

ive tried all the obvi things, and a bunch of the suggestions in the lockscreengone v1.0 thread