How to disable Automatic Updates in windows 10 Tech Preview

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by elhassan, Oct 4, 2014.

1. elhassan

elhassan MDL Member

Dec 9, 2011
  2. W2K8

W2K8 MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2011
    I can make all changes by the normal Gui... :confused::confused:

3. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I know of that registry change for long. Who really wants to disable Windows Update in a Technical Preview ? I think that is what I am driving at with that image.

4. brain_death

brain_death MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2008
    Or change this value to "1" and you can still check for updates manually...

:biggrin:

5. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    As a lot of You already know this really doesn't work. It does to some extent, but whenever You check for updates Microsoft Can And Will install any updates they view as Necessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    There aren't options for disabling, downloading, installing updates, only installing automatically? :eek:

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    WHY anyone would disable Updates in an Technical Preview, and Alpha, and Beta or even Pre-RTM?

Fact is that mainly those updates are to solve problems, incompatibilities and other bad outcomes of that software. From my point of view, there not any reason to prevent updates of those Test-Software!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I could only see it as a very short-term goal.
    Like perhaps the next build isn't quite as fast on video games or something.
    Then the enthusiast would install the 9841 build and disable updates.

Also, I guess it would be a pain in the rear if you're in the middle of something important and your system decides you need to reboot.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Regarding Video Games: Isn't it that most of use of Windows is done for REAL working instead of gaming and special not video gaming? That argument will therefore just serve for a 'few' users out of all.

Even if the updates are installed automatically to Windows 10 TP, that didn't means that the computer is just restarting on it's own. I, as example had refused the finishing of updates on my Laptop for 4 days an it still were not automatically rebooting to finalize the installed Updates. I just had done that this morning manually.
    I believe, it's just about the user's are taking care for Pop-Up messages the OS is sending and displaying them on screen! It's simply a fault of those who ignoring the given messages and not any point to complain about! It like the ignorance of user NOT to use and TP/Alpha/Beta/Pre-RTM as their Main OS with any kind of sensitive Data, personal or whatsoever!

If someone ignores what should or shouldn't be done with something they haven't paid any dime for because they were getting it free, they didn't deserves any apology and even didn't deserves the right for to complain and arguing because they simply refusing to follow what were explained in detail to them.

That would be change only after the final Release as finished Product AND after they had paid for to legally own the License of use of that product!

I'm near 30 years in the Computer Business running my own company, first in and with Retail for hard- and software and since 1990 as an Service Company for LAN include WAN. Our Services are contract based for SME's. In our Contracts we totally rule out any service for illegal used software and if I see any of my employees doing such service, their contract is revoked with immediate effect. Although our employee's are not allowed to use any private Hard- and/or Software. All needed Hard- and Software used in our services are property of my company. If employee's using "Test Software" like Windows 10 TP, they could, there isn't any problem with that, but as Main OS! They although have to get permission first from me to use them, which I mainly will given them while pointing all times to the limits given by the developer of that apps. They although have to sings an note about the danger and never to use that apps in services to our customers. It's simply to dangerous any kind of Pre-Release apps in Business and Production Environment.

10. wladw

wladw MDL Member

May 7, 2015
    Can this registry hack still be used with Windows 10 build 10135 ( or latest build 10147 )?

11. AnimaliX

AnimaliX MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    #13 AnimaliX, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    only thru GPO right now (b10130)
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/61405-build-10XXX-how-to-backup-Start-Menu?p=1043746&viewfull=1#post1043746