How to disable tap to click without synaptics drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zar91, Aug 9, 2022.

1. zar91

zar91 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2011
    Title says it all. I have default win 7 touchpad drivers and dont wanna install synaptics.
    Also i have the simplixed version (maybe there is a tweak integrated that i dont know about??)

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    These are driver settings/functions and it all depends on the computer and the factory driver. If you have Touchpad settings, you can do this. But if they are not there, then there is no way you can make these settings without using third-party drivers.
    You say you have Windows 7 (and that's all we know), then you can go to Mouse Settings. Open the control panel and there you will see the mouse icon. When a new window opens, check if the touchpad device table is there.
    Another option is Win Key + R in the window type main.cpl => OK
    If there are no settings there, you won't be able to change anything using the simple method.
    NB Usually computer manufacturers add their company's driver, check if your computer manufacturer has not done so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zar91

zar91 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2011
    hi, i have a dell latitude and dell surely offers touchpad drivers for my model, in fact i've installed almost all the drivers dell offers for my model, minus a few of them and touchpad is one of those i've decided to not use. Long story short the driver is complete crap, super sluggish pointer in exchange of a few useless gestures, no thankyou dell, i'll stick to windows stock driver. Apparently dell driver uses simulated software gestures because the actual pad has no hardware capabilities for multitouch (facepalm) so it makes the pointer super laggy.
    I was hoping disabling touch to click can be done via some tweaks in the registry