How To Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by humax7, Sep 30, 2009.

1. humax7

humax7 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    #1 humax7, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  2. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    is this reliable? u sure, it won't hv any impact on registry?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dumppq

dumppq MDL Junior Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Changing MouseHoverTime affects other areas of the OS as well.

A better way is to increase the time in:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    ExtendedUIHoverTime

But both solutions still don't remove the thumbnails in all cases. For example, dragging/rearranging a taskbar item and then clicking it after dropping will make that thumbnail show back up until you move the mouse away. Sad that MS removed the ability to disable them altogether.

4. humax7

humax7 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    Its working totally fine with me :) no problems with registry or with other areas of the OS

There is no ExtendedUIHoverTime in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

5. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I wasn't a fan of it at first, but as I used Windows 7 more and more, I found it a time saver.. Use the preview to quickly identify which of the stacked windows you want to bring to the front.

6. Bagheera

Bagheera MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    me too... x2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. humax7

humax7 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    Im not a fan of combining or stacking windows together. Thats why i didnt make use of it.

8. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm not a fan of anything that changes that is why I still have Windows 3.1 installed on this laptop, and use it for my primary OS. Why would you want to use something new when you can continue to use s**t that is outdated and doesn't work well.

9. humax7

humax7 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    If your being sarcastic, I believe the user should be able to determine which features they want to use and which they want to disable. Being forced to use something isnt very nice.

And if your serious, then damn :) too bad for you windows 3.11 sucks a$$, you should upgrade soon.

10. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    lolz
    u b trollin'

11. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009