How to disable Windows 10 downloaded .exe and/or .reg Blocking message???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MonarchX, Jan 10, 2016.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
  2. Sherman Tank

Sherman Tank Guest

#2 Sherman Tank, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    X: drive is your nas? Right?

You must insert the ip into the internet explorer trusted sites. See the picture...
    (Sorry for my bad english :-( )

Attached Files:

• nas.png
      nas.png
      File size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Free_Being

Free_Being MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2010
    #3 Free_Being, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hi,

I use theses reg values (with AutoIt) if it can help :

Code:
    RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment", "SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS", "REG_SZ", 1)
    RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations", "LowRiskFileTypes", "REG_SZ", ".exe")

4. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #4 MonarchX, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    (OP)
    Yeah, I researched and also found the Zone tweaks, but they do not eliminate the problem entirely and they require you to input the types of files you want to kept unblocked. The tweaks that were posted here a month or several ago when I first asked the question worked differently. I know because those tweaks also removed the "Unblock" feature in file properties, while these tweaks do not do that.

Thanks anyway - the above No-Zones tweak is not something I was aware of!

5. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Bump! I am still looking for that one command or set of commands that completely disable this feature and prevent the whole "Properties ..> Unblock" from showing up.

6. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #7 MonarchX, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    (OP)
    Thanks, although I have already done that. It doesn't remove Blocking completely. If it did, there would no longer be an option to "Unblock" a file when it is right-clicked and Properties option is selected. I wish the same knowledgeable person would look at this thread! As far as I remember, the command that remove Blocking entirely are not even related to Zones...

I mean its GOT to be in one of the posts I made some time ago. MyDigitalLife Post History thing should list it and yet I cannot find it!

EDIT: I found the right post, but the commands were pretty much the same as the ones posted already. I clearly remember that last time the Unlocking part disappeared entirely, but not this time. I guess I am going to deal with it. Here are the commands:
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations" /v "DefaultFileTypeRisk" /t REG_DWORD /d 1808 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments" /v "SaveZoneInformation" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f