How to Disable Windows Defender in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ian82, Mar 5, 2014.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    What source? This is selecting/deselecting Windows options as provided for by the OS itself.

4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    he mean the source of the images and the exact wording in the text is from my site. I didn't post the link to the site so mods won't think I am trying to promote my site. I don't know how in the world did he catch the source

do some people here sit and do nothing but google stuff to find sources?

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #6 PhaseDoubt, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Well, I hold to my response. If you open Windows Defender and go through the various panels, all those images will display. Same for looking at services ... they're just right there on your screen. And once displayed it's simple to copy or snip the images. Same for autoruns ... the image is just right there when the program runs.

As to finding sources :) I like to know them too. But when the ultimate source is you chosen OS itself and its normal operations and screen displays, I wonder how much some people actually know about the OS.

But anyway, yours was a good post and very useful.

6. Windows Fan

Windows Fan MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2012
    If you are the owner of that site, its ok. Regarding source its always a good thing to provide source link if you are copying/pasting stuff from other websites as he did. It doesnt matter whether you can find those options and images in your own system but someone wrote that article and you just copied it, its not fair. And anyone can find the source link by just searching for correct term on Google.

Anyway since the OP said he is the owner of the source site, I have no problem. :)

7. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    The owner of any given site should always be concerned about copyright violations. But going back to old DOS computers right up through the latest version of Windows, I've never seen any evidence Microsoft objects to their OS images being posted on any forum or blog. I'd think if they were going to prosecute people for doing this it would have already been done long ago and the case(s) would have gotten widespread attention. Regardless, the internet is loaded down with pictures of Windows panels and features.

That being the case, and no evidence of Microsoft not liking the practice, what's to worry about? If Microsoft doesn't like it, the practice should stop and we'd all go to buying rights to snip screen images. But Microsoft provides several ways to do this; I prefer the Snipping Tool.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and say using the Snipping Tool as Microsoft designed it to be used is not going to get any non commercial user in any hot water. If you're doing it for profit, Microsoft might have something to say about you diverting revenues they think they should be getting. Kind of like "free" software: free to individuals, but business are expected to pay.