How to disable windows mobile device center

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sodabanlu, Aug 3, 2009.

1. sodabanlu

sodabanlu MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    I just setup w7 on my HP pavillion dv6i using vista 64-bit drivers downloaded from HP website.
    Everything is working properly except the screen brightness and volume Fn keys.
    These keys work during starting up and welcome screen but they could not be used after log in.:confused:
    I can only adjust the brightness and volume via windows mobile device center.
    That why I think that this windows' function is blocking or conflicts with Fn keys.
    Is there a way to disable this function or another way to get the Fn keys work?
    I would be greatly appreciate for your help. Thank you.

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    i think you have to go into Windows Features and remove it from there, if it isn't in there then I don't know.

3. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Uninstall the program from the control panel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sodabanlu

sodabanlu MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Thank you very much.:)
    I'll try or format and install again to check this problem from the beginning.:eek:

5. sodabanlu

sodabanlu MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Update: I formatted a re-install w7, surprisingly, all Fn keys work well w/o any driver from HP. :eek:
    M$, u did a great job this time.:D

6. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    HPs quick launch buttons end up causing more problems than solutions a lot of times.