How to do next???need help.....

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pesa, Apr 20, 2012.

1. pesa

pesa MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2012
    I just downloaded a Windows Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 direct link...

msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msoffice/pub/X14-63453/X14-63453.exe
    msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/msshus/vista64/install.wim
    msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/msshus/vista64/boot.wim

so what i should do next??

Thanks....

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #2 Tito, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Create your own bootable Vista iso image

Code:

For a complete installation, you'll need three files: an *.exe file plus the two *.wim files. If you want to upgrade an existing Windows system, you can start the Vista installation by executing the *.exe and following the instructions.

You might also want to have a bootable Vista DVD iso image. Microsoft doesn't provide these as free downloads, but actually it's quite easy to create an iso image from the setup files. Just download the setup files, start the *.exe, and wait for the Windows Vista system files to unpack to a new folder. Then cancel the Vista setup process. Let's assume the setup files have been unpacked to C:\Vista\. If they're in a different folder, just replace it in the following steps.

To create an iso image, you'll also need to download and install the Windows Vista SP1 WAIK.

If you're creating a 64 bit iso image (and only if doing so), you'll need to copy the file C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com to the folder C:\Vista\boot\.

You can then trigger the iso creation by opening Windows PE Tools, which will give you a command prompt. There you enter the following line:

oscdimg –bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com -h -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2
            C:\Vista\ C:\windows_vista_with_service_pack_1_dvd.iso

3. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    @pesa: it's too much of a hassle, if I were you, I'd download Vista Ultimate SP1 x64 from torrents. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    If I were you, I'd download Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 from torrents. :D

or even now, I'd use Windows 7 ;)

5. pesa

pesa MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2012
    Yes...I'm just miss Window Vista....Now I'm using both....Window 7 for my PC and Window Vista for my Laptop...Thanks Tito for your Advised
    I'm really appreciate it.:)