How To Download Streaming Video?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by abrogard, Oct 1, 2010.

1. abrogard

abrogard MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2010
    My first visit/post to these forums. I notice there's no other questions along these lines so maybe such questions don't belong/aren't welcome here.

If that should be the case please accept my apologies and the moderator can delete the thread and I won't repost it - or anything like it.

How can we download Streaming Video? Flash .flv is what it usually is, I think.

I have tried a couple of progs that claimed to do it for virtually any site at all but they couldn't do it for me on the site I wanted..

I tried things like Replay Media Catcher and Streaming Video Recorder.

But it seems to me there should be a simpler method which is perhaps more tedious and creates an enormous file, but nevertheless will work. Because surely everything is available in video ram?

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And what site did you want to do?

There is not ONE program that will do.
    But there are FEW that together will do MOST

sebus

3. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    I use Ashampoo Clip Finder HD, it can download streaming videos from YouTube and others

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Spike7

Spike7 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    Another method using Safari - when your streaming media starts (e.g. YouTube), go to Window >> Activity. Look for the file/link that is playing (you will see the file size incrementing). Double click on this link and the file will be saved to your HDD.

:):):)

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Fo Youtube just use downloader9.com, for other more difficult bits (like BBC News pages) use StreamTransport

sebus

6. Dislikeyou

Dislikeyou MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2010
    Some flash videos can be downloaded with apps / different services on the web. But there is streams that can not be downloaded and for those you can use FRAPS to record it to your pc, just like recording a game and it works good.

7. gouryella

gouryella MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2009
    Another vote for StreamTransport, it will download anything you throw at it apart from it seems live streaming events such as the BBC channels you can watch online.

8. donjulio0088

donjulio0088 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2007
    There is one I believe that will do all, even encrypted. Tunebite GREAT PROGRAM!!!

9. joelh

joelh MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2010
    You can use freeware tools like Orbit downloader or Real Player to download streaming video and songs.

10. gymbag

gymbag MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    You can also try HIDOWNLOAD PRO,,it can be downloaded from ISOHUNT with the crack.

11. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    I use IDM.. it catches downloads from every streaming sites..
    IDM uses IDM CC addon for firefox..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    i also use IDM...it is not free btw.But, IDM is the greatest IMHO software to capture download..all streaming media..HD videos from youtube, MP3 on myspace..all..the great news is there is also a freeware which doing almost the same job..which is Orbit downloader...give it a try mate

13. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Orbit does not work with plenty of sites... (it simply does NOT, so you know when it happens)

sebus

14. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    use firefox extension named Flashgot...

15. DimRacker

DimRacker MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2010
    Hi,You can use this:HiDownloadPlatinum

16. coolwop

coolwop MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2010
    There are a lot of Firefox extensions that will allow you to download flv videos. I personally like the Video DownloadHelper extension. Then if you want to convert your video to a different format you can use VLC or SUPER(c) (well these are the ones that I use, but of course there are a lot of free applications that will do that).