How to emulate Office Software Protection Platform Service without installing Office

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Vivek Rishi, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Vivek Rishi

Vivek Rishi MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    #1 Vivek Rishi, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    WHY TO EMULATE OFFICE SOFTWARE PROTECTION PLATFORM SERVICE WITHOUT INSTALLING MICROSOFT OFFICE?

I virtualized Microsoft Office 2010 v14.0.7015.1000 using VMware ThinApp v5.1.x installed on Windows 7 v6.1.7601 x86 virtual machine running on VMware Workstation v11.0.x, and prior to building the project I activated Office for 180 days using mini-KMS Activator v1.3.x

Whenever I run the Microsoft Office ThinApp on a different machine, it gets deactivated; then CODYQX4 pointed out that Office is able to detect that it is on a new device that's why it loses activation.

A possible solution could be building the project without activating Microsoft Office, with any KMS activator virtualized along with other Office Apps, and then activating the Office on the machine where it has been deployed with the same KMS activator ThinApp, which in fact could be able to read the virtual environment and might even succeed in activating the Office ThinApp.

I tried to achieve this but every time it presents me with an error stating "The Software Protection Platform service is not installed". Wait.. What?

The Office Software Protection Platform Service (OSPPSVC) needs to be registered and running as a service and not just as a process and that it must also run under the NETWORK_SERVICE account; and whatever files, directory structure and permissions are required must also be taken into account.

Hence the need of an automated tool, that is portable and as clean to run as a mini-KMS activator, that is able to emulate the "Office Software Protection Platform Service" on demand and remove any traces thereafter.

The next big update to say Microsoft Toolkit. Guys?

But we can perfect it later, presently I AM IN A DARN NEED OF MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS which can help me achieve activation of Microsoft Office ThinApp.

:weeping:

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Vivek Rishi

Vivek Rishi MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. Vivek Rishi

Vivek Rishi MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
  6. The Real Keyzer Soze

May 21, 2020
    I got a way to make it run as a service, but it got me nowhere. Are you still interested?