how to find which .bin i need for activation???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by stayboogy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    how do i find what bin i need for what code is in my BIOS???

got a Dell machine (which has 6 different .bins) that someone is wanting OEM Activation on that does not currently have an OS on it so I cannot just dump the things I need from the machine.

I know it has slic 2.0 but I do not know which .bin corresponds to what is coded in the BIOS.

how can i find out???? can i use the OEMBIOSTEST tool, or is that just for XP and Server 2003????

if i can't use that tool, how do i find out??? need to know this ASAP

thanks in advance

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    If the machine has SLIC 2.0 then you just need proper cert(*.xrm-ms). Dell has an unique cert for all of its SLIC 2.0.

;)

3. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    so you're saying that any .bin i use, as long as i have the dell cert, will work to make an OEM disk???

i know i can trust you Tito, but that doesn't sound right...

the thread with all the .bins and certs says i need the .bin that corresponds to the code in the BIOS...

so to make the OEM disk would i just put the cert along with the PID.txt file in the OEM folder and it will activate and be genuine with no problems??? or would i still have to have a .bin??? and if i have to have a .bin too then which one???

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You have made a fundamental mistake. *.bin files are SLIC files. To make an oem installation media, you need to supply cert (*.xrm-ms) which should be matched with SLIC in bios.

:)