How to find windows confirmation ID?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by kilopvs, Jul 30, 2017.

1. kilopvs

kilopvs MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2015
    Hi all,

My pc is now activated using the confirmation ID i got from skype. However, I am about to clean install windows 8.1. So i want to ask if there is a way or command to find the confirmation ID that i entered as i accidentally lost it. I still have the key. I know there are other ways to save the backup and restore but I find the confirmation ID is the easiest one.

2. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    As far as i know, there is no method allowing to display CID, that's the reason why people backup their activation using tool like opabackup to be able to restore the activation easily in case you loose activation later for some reason.

So all i can suggest is to activate again your win8.1 version by phone with the key once you have done clean installation and this time don't forget to backup your activation to avoid having this situation again.

3. kilopvs

kilopvs MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2015
    My pc is now activated and i haven't clean installed yet. This mean i haven't lost the activation yet. I just wanna know if someone finds a way to show the confirmation ID that I entered before. Backup the code (save code as a text) is easier than using tools or copy and paste

4. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    #4 mehdibleu, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    you won't be able to find the confirmation ID so again use a tool called opabackup or Msactbackup to backup your activation to be able to restore it easily after the clean install without you having to do the activation again.

othewise you will have to reactivate again your version by phone with the same key after the clean install.

5. TheGreyRaven

TheGreyRaven MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2017
    Can't you do:
    Code:
    slmgr.vbs /dlv
    in CMD to get the ID and such?

6. kilopvs

kilopvs MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2015
  7. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Even if it is stored locally, it'd be heavily encrypted. I do not know of any way to read out or generate CIDs.

Additionally that topic is connected to usage of stolen keys and not well-seen here @ MDL.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Etio

Etio MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2010
    #8 Etio, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    del