How to fix Store Beta Crashing in 9926 for few of us

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by enotar, Feb 7, 2015.

1. enotar

enotar MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Few of us have this issue, Store beta opening with gray background and closing immediately.
    I found out that net framework is the culpid.
    I was installing Tweak-SSD and always after this instalation the problem occurs, what I found is that Tweak SSD install net framework and without it it does not work.,
    So I reinstall everything, and went to turn windows features on/off in control panel/programs and features select to add net framework 3.5 and it install it. After that I install Tweak SSD that recognize that net framework is installed and done. No more crash on Store beta.
    I hope that will help a few

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    One time more an clear indication that those (and others) crashes are not Windows related, instead 3. Party Apps/Drivers etc. related!

First at all if any crashes happens and no infos from the majority of users shown that those applies for many, it directly indicates 3. Party! And that's where the user needs to start his/her investigation about what triggers such outcome instead of directly blame Microsoft!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    @enotar - you can install Tweak SSD if you choose, it is your machine. I am not sure the need for tweaking is there like it once was, the newer SSDs, as well as Windows OSes, seem to work pretty well together.
    I have "tweaked" many SSDs in the past, now I install'm and forget'm. My desktop has 4 OCZ and 4 Samsung drives, all doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Rule 1: You can never have too many SSDs
    Rule 2: Never forget rule 1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. enotar

enotar MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2011
    You are maybe right but my Lenovo 2 in 1 Ideapad Yoga is limited with one SSD of 128gb + I took a partition for Linux so space is a must and tweaking Hibernation Indexing, prefetching and system restore is absolutely necessary or you loose 10gb very fast for NOTHING really as SSD are very fast and dont need all these. I also add 2gb of ram drive to acelérate browsing and caching I know I can do it manually but Tweak SSD is really the solution for these scenario.
    Thanks for the answer thought.

5. enotar

enotar MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Never blamed Microsoft, Windows 10 is fantastic........ I love it

6. matt_0978

matt_0978 MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    First of all I don't have an ssd so this Tweak SSD can't apply to my situation. Anyway, I upgraded from an oem laptop running windows 8.1 en-gb and the store won't open, then I did an in-place reinstall with the US version 10240 (caveat being that all my pre-installed apps were removed) and the store worked fine. So should I restore my 8.1 backup and start the upgrade to 10 again with the US version, then apply UK language pack and change my regional settings so that localised features will work?