How to flash SONY BIOS same version with SLIC

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by wuhoatu, May 10, 2010.

1. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I have already added SLIC into BIOS of SONY VGN-FE590P but cannot flash with it. The Original Phoenix WinFlash tool of SONY (ver. 1.4) announce that "The new BIOS image is the same as the system BIOS ...".
    I already try to modify PHLASH.INI parameter such as Avanced=1 and UpdateMode=1 but no result.
    DOS Phlash17 nor Phlash16 does not working. They say cannot open image BIOS file or other error.

Need an advise. Many THX.

2. Thomas

Thomas MDL Spam Reporter

Nov 10, 2009
    #2 Thomas, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
    Open WinPhlash > Click the Advanced Settings option > And untick the option " Flash only if bios version is newer than system " > Click Ok.

3. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #3 wuhoatu, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  4. mapky1

mapky1 MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2009
    Add this to the Phlash.ini

[UI]
    Advanced=1

Should look like this :

[Main]
    FormatVersion=2
    UpdateFlags=902182
    UserFlags=0
    UserMask=0
    PSIFlags=0
    UserMode=ffffffff
    RetryCount=3
    UpdateMode=0
    ImageFile=BIOS.WPH
    BackupFile=BIOS.BAK

[UI]
    Advanced=1

5. Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    mapky1, are you blind?
    WinPhlash 1.4, which used for flashing some old VAIO notebooks, have not advanced parameters at all! Maybe it happens 'cause some resource DLL is missing, i don't know... but bundle from Sony support site contains only 5 files: wbflash.exe, wbflash.scr, winphlash.exe, phlashnt.sys and bios.wph. phlash.ini and phlashlc.dll are missing.
    Of course, i've try to create phlash.ini with Advanced=1 adn hideall=0 strings in [UI] section, but it can't help. And wihphash versions greather than 1.4 cannot flash these BIOS images - modded and original too.

wuhoatu, look into "Downgrade Flashing SONY VAIO problem" thread below. There's an patched version of winphalsh 1.4 with removed check of BIOS version. Maybe it can help you...

6. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Shadown Wizard: Yeah, I already download it but not to test yet because I already use Daz Loader stable.