how to get delete unallocated?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Thanos_The_Mad_Titans, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
  2. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Unallocated means that space has no existing partition information. It is essentially blank and empty and unusable in it's current state. You must have deleted the partition--hopefully on purpose. Either use it to create a new partition or (what I think you mean you want) extend your "E" partition into that blank space to use it.

3. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Are you looking to extend your drive E: to take up the entire hard drive? If so use a free basic version of a partition program like Paragon, O&O, or Easus-branded Partion Manager. On the other hand, try right-clicking the E: drive in Drive Manager and see if it gives you the option to extend the partition from there. I don't use Drive Manager for things like that so I don't recall if it at least has that capability.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    @Yurbuh Tuggly
    Thanks!

5. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    @roirraW
    Yeah i want extend entire hard drive E:.. i will look up Paragon & O&O

thanks

6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    If you delete unallocated it becomes..........., wait for it.......... unallocated. Of course you would have to create a partition on it before you could delete it because it is....... unallocated.

Just use the disk management to extend the partition to take up all of the unused space, no reason to download any other apps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Right click ->extend works in Vista and Seven IF the space you want to expand into is AFTER the current partition, not before.

8. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    After, and with no other partition in between, IIRC...

9. asabater

asabater MDL Member

Sep 6, 2008
    run cmd (best as adm)
    diskpart
    sel dis 0
    sel part 1
    extend
    exit
    exit

saludos from spain

10. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    YES YES YES YES!!!! THAT WHAT I WANT!!!

+1 thanks, 1+ Rep!!!!

11. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007