How to get rid off of WMC

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by paresh, Feb 18, 2013.

1. paresh

paresh MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2012
    There are two mistakes I've committed with my windows 8 pro plus 64 bit. First mistake, I installed it & activated it with KJ Activator, Second mistake I then added WMC through windows add on feature. My query is how to rectify both my mistakes & activate windows 8 by KMS activation method & preserve the activation for future use by using Advanced Tokens Method? Thanks, in anticipation of an early reply from learned people around here.

2. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    You are better off just reinstalling at this point in my opinion and activate by KMS

3. paresh

paresh MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2012
    Are you suggesting to reformat & a fresh install of windows 8 pro plus 64 bit? Could there be no other way out without going through all the rigmarole? Thanks for the advice anyway.

4. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Yes, a reformat would be the best way. After all of the damage your system went through (The AJ Hacktivator and then the WMC garbage upgrade), there is no better way possible.

5. AlanY

AlanY MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    clean install is the best solution.
    i made an system image after the clean install, then i get all the updates from MS then make another image.
    after that, i'll install all the programs/apps, activation etc until everything work probably then i will make another image.

with that i can go back to each stage as i wish and only take about 15 mins to reload the system image back.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    After the use of an Hacktivator or the so called KJ (?) Activator, I would never suggest to use an downgrade or whatsoever method for to "clean" windows 8, than just a straight forward new and clean installation. It's the only straight forward solution without to let you face several problems afterwards.

That's how I would do that on my own systems and also on the systems of my client's regardless what other maybe suggesting. From what I've heard the command sfc /scannow didn't work that perfect and I wouldn't take the risk that anything would go wrong using that command or may even have to invest a lot of time etc. to get all back working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    totally agree with doing a clean install from scratch after infiltration of hacktivation crap. Had this with a friend's machine. sfc /scannow detected stuff and "fixed" it allegedly but after a while, some problems came up and only after a new install, these were totally gone until today

8. paresh

paresh MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2012
    Thanks to all of you guys I'd rather go in for a clean install to avoid all the future unseen traps & troubles. Thanks once again everyone.

9. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Anytime my friend. Remember there is no permanent activator for Windows 8 and according to Daz there never will be because of no SLIC and OA 3.0 so don't be fooled :rolleyes: