how to get window vista home basic reinstall cd

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by xkevinz, Dec 15, 2010.

1. xkevinz

xkevinz MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2010
    i lost the window vista home basic install window cd so could anyone tell me where to dl it? thank you and appreciate it if you can help me

2. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 MDL Senior Member

Jun 9, 2010
    What did you have from start?

A recovery disc from a known brand (If you bought an computer preinstalled with Vista)? A bought retail copy of Home Premium? Or a downloaded one?

If you have any of the two first then maybe you can get a new disc showing proof of purchase? I don't really know here.

I don't know where you can download a Vista Home Premium ISO, but a good start is checking either TechNet or MSDN downloads section for ISO file names and the SHA1 respective MD5 checksums and then do a Google search.
    Downloads from TechNet or MSDN requires a subscribtion, but for info it's always great.

3. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
  4. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #4 ar_seven_am, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
    I dont think download from torrent link is a good idea for vista since it depends on how people seed, n if u really want to know only 2 seed on the torrent link u gave, different from windows 7 torrent link which had 30 or less/more seed based on the popularity, how long the download will finished? Why not just use the mediafire or jumbofile link in this thread Windows Vista SP2 Retail & VL mirror link!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...