How to Guide: Component Repair - Intro to Soldering

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by kingedwards, Jun 18, 2010.

1. kingedwards

kingedwards MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2010
    #1 kingedwards, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Great read

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Great, very good. I will stick those threads.

Thanks for contributing!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Good work KingEdwards, keep it up ! :)

5. hitendra

hitendra MDL Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I would like to add one more fact for motherboards. Some symptoms suggest that there may be some problem in motherboard / PCI hardware etc. viz If CPU fan causes sound, speed of peripherals or network is decreased, USB or graphic work but hang after sometime and SMPS hault or fuse intermitently. In this case capacitors specifically titanium / electrolytic of relevent semiconductor may leak or open. Physically appearance of this component does not suggest its true condition even a leak capasitor may reveals true value in Digital capacitance meter.

6. jam4

jam4 MDL Novice

May 2, 2007
    Great Start. I look forward to more :)

As soon as I am done with my current project, I will be setting up my repair station.

7. kingedwards

kingedwards MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I have a lot more to add. Sorry it is taking so long. I am in the middle of buying a house and moving and only have internet at work right now.

8. drumnbassej1

drumnbassej1 MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2010
    Can't wait to see more. I'd like to see how my self taught technique works compared to what people do with more experience. I'd also like to see recommend soldering irons for this type of work. I'd like to think that that I would be able to do better work with a better iron.

9. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Stands to reason i would say. :D

@Kingedwards. Can we expect an update soon. :)

10. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    this is a great tutorial!! nice to learn something new:worthy::worthy:

11. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Common problems in the LCD monitors is the power supply with damaged capacitors ;)

12. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    thanks, sure is one to follow..