How to inject my Windows 10 Pro key into the UEFI BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Phoenix, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    #1 Phoenix, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    So I bought a CLEVO P870DM-G laptop, it doesn't come with Windows so they gave me this sytem bulider's edition Windows 10 Pro sleeve which as the Windows 10 DVD and the product key.

When installing Windows, everytime I have to enter the key manually.

I did see an option in the BIOS to register keys and what not but it was a bit confusing, when I hit register key it said delete old key so I didn't do it because I'm not sure what I'm doing or if that is the way to actually embed/register the key in the BIOS

Can you please tell me how to do this?

Here is a screenshot of the options I see

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You want the Taipower Bios Utility, not the telcast.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    right, but I still cannot find a download link :(

5. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You want a AMI UEFI utility, which there are a lot of tools like the MM tool, which is not for keys but for OROMS of the Aptio.

Never had a reason to add the key when any windows can be just changed to VL and use KMS.

You need to ask in this section - http://forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/25-BIOS-Mods

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why not make your own personal install media from that dvd and insert the key in the wim file?

Or create a file called pid.txt, place the pid.txt in the sources folder on the iso:

The PID.txt file contains the product key for the edition of Windows that you are installing.

The PID.txt file has the following format:

where XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX is the product key.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Thanks for reminding me about this, but still if there is a way to inject the key in the BIOS easily I would rather have that

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Injecting can be dangerous and difficult to reverse/change. PID deleted, and everything is standard again.

9. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014

It will help you to read up on the difference between "UEFI security keys" (read up on "secure boot") and "Windows OS activation keys". Hint: any piece of software can theoretically have its own activation/use "key", which has nothing to do with what UEFI keys do for secure boot.

10. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    The pic he posted has nothing to do with OS key, and you can't add using the UEFI, so he still needs to get a Aptio tool.

But posting this pic doesn't change what he needs to do or what he needs to learn for what he wants.

At least the post was better than most and we know what he wants. :biggrin:

11. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    so any help guys?

12. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Don't waste your time with bios injection. Your key is not an OA3 key. It is not just "inject a key", you need to create a MSDM table, etc.
    As other users have suggested, add the pid.txt or an autounattend.xml - easy.