How to Install Mac OS X 10.9 Mavricks on VMWare Workstation 10 on Windows

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by Bat Man, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    How to Install Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks on VMWare Workstation 10 on Windows ???

Any Possible TUTORIALS will be highly appreciated :)

2. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#3 =)(=, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Why install? Download image from TBP and boot it, faster then installing. :D

Ok, I decided to write a short guide for you:

For this to work you will have to have 10.8 already running on VMware and you should be using VMware EFI mode.

Create a new vmdk in VMWare
    Partition it as HFS+ Journaled, GPT, name it Installer
    Download Mavericks from App Store
    Type this in terminal:
    Code:
    sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Installer --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --no interaction
    Create a 10.9 VM, create a HDD for the VM and also attach the Installer vmdk to it, and boot the Installer to install OSX onto the VM HDD. OSX installer uses a 2 stage process, so it will reboot one time and then continue the installation process in second stage. You will have to partition the VM HDD as HFS+ Journaled, GPT.

When finished remove Installer and boot HDD.

You need the unlocker first which you can find on InsanelyMac.

3. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm still using 10.8 on VMWare 9.0.2 :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    To have a genuine version and not some preinstalled crap with who knows what additions? :)

5. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    With VMware Workstation 10 and VMWare Unlocker v1.2.0, we can install 10.9, according to insanelymac[dot]com :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Lol, there is no preinstalled crap, they just installed it and uploaded the image, so when you boot it, it starts the setup where you can choose your username and password.

7. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Since there is no official "installed OS X" with a known checksum, this is unprovable. It's not about what they said they did and didn't do, it's about what I can verify on my own machine. I know jack s**t about the people who uploaded this image and the OS is the most crucial part in a computer.

Never warez your OS if you can't check against a vendor checksum. Period.

8. =)(=

=)(= Guest

I don't care even if they had put some spy program in it. I use OSX on VMware to create a USB stick with OSX installer on it, or to test some stuff. When I really want to use OSX I install it on the PC.

9. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    On YouTube search for "MrZackehhSoul" - he has a tutorial and a VMWare image for OS X Mavericks. Runs fine on my computer and none of my anti-virus-malware-spyware are complaining.

10. Mandy

Mandy MDL Member

Oct 15, 2010
    With respect to the Mac OS X Do yourself a favour as starting point by getting access to anyone with a working mac
    whether snow leopard lion or mountain lion or even the Maverick itself.
    Then get the retail version download DMG of the Mac OS X you want to install A VMware, unlocker and dawin iso

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  12. Hiii

Hiii MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2013
    I managed to install it once following this guide:

/watch?v=ubISvBqVQqA

13. gonz621

gonz621 MDL Junior Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I have successfully installed Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 on VMWare 10.0.2. The ISO I have downloaded is ready to install for VMWare. The problem is when I use Safari and install Adobe Flash. When in the Adobe flash download section the browser gets an error and reload. That's it. And I can't see a video in Youtube using Safari. Installed adobe flash offline installer and still the same issue.