How to install oficial language pack over WINDOWS 7 Home Basic and Home Premium?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cst, Aug 6, 2009.

1. cst

cst MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2008
    How to install oficial language pack over WINDOWS 7 Home Basic and Home Premium?

Dont have a option like Ultimate edition to install the languagepack... Have another way?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BubuXP

BubuXP MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    The only way is to integrate the LP into the install.wim
    If you leave two languages (for example the already included English and the Spanish from the LP) then you have unlocked the ability to later install language packs even on other editions of win7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    @BubuXP

I don't think so. You can't install other Languages in the official way. When you try with the Languagepack Setup, it will say that your version of Windows does not allow it.

4. BubuXP

BubuXP MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I tried on Home Premium.
    I installed it in English with an unmodified DVD and when I try to install the lp.cab file like I did in Ultimate, the options to do it wasn't there.
    Then I integrate the lp.cab in the DVD without removing the english and when I go to the panel, it had the same options as the Ultimate version to add languages.

5. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Yes, i know that you have the options, but you can't use it :p

6. BubuXP

BubuXP MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Oh, I haven't tested it... :p but at least, you can choose between the already installed languages.

7. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    no, you can't :p

8. cak

cak MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2008
    #9 cak, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  9. hersounds

hersounds MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    can try this: install ultimate, put language pack and then use HOME PREMIUM SERIAL KEY...if you have ultimate installed and validated just write in CMD

slmgr -upk

then put the home premium key.