how to install windows 7 on a preloaded windows 8 laptop? can i use win 7 oem keys?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ggonxhi, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ggonxhi

ggonxhi MDL Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    So i basically bough a new laptop witch came with windows 8 witch i totally hate. how can i install windows 7 without having to buy it, meaning is there a way to activate windows 7 with win 8 product key or any way to activate oem win 7 key with slic 3.0 or whatever its now.

thank in advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    why are so many complaints about 8 on a new laptop. If there is no need for an OS, why not buy a barebone? Configure one and load it with your desired OS. I cannot hear about bad W8 any more. It is your fault if the machine comes with it. Just use your brains and save money

4. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    There arent many "barebone" Laptops.

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    certainly there are not so many as such coming with OS but there are some. I will not run any ad here but my buddy google helps

6. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Without looking I'd wager the ones without an OS are available in less configurations and actually more expense due to less supply.

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    that depends on the source

8. ggonxhi

Mar 23, 2008
    why i don't like windows 8? well let me see because it sucks maybe? just kidding... my cousin bought a laptop for black Friday, the Asus for 269$ and comes with windows 8 and he does not like windows 8 that much that's why i asked the question. idk but even i myself dont like it that much seems to complicated and i dont want to waste my time with it.

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    fully understood your situation and most other complaints. We as freeks use this 8 OS since more than a year now and got used to it mostly. Therefore we know how to handle it and look at it with other eyes. Many people facing the challenge to run W8 the first time, are confused as it is something different but after some "lessons", many users get into it very fast and like it. This time must be available. I hate sayings like "I used it for 10 minutes and I went back to 7", is not relevant because the usability was not experienced totally.
    So, guys back to topic and let it run :D

10. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    #10 SOCRATE_MMXII, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Boot from the Windows 7 DVD/USB erase all pre-existent partitions (UEFI & s**t like that), create new ones as you like and then install Win7 and activate using Daz Windows Loader. Easy. No hassle. ;)

11. ggonxhi

Mar 23, 2008
    i was looking more for a legal way to do so. i guess i'm going to try and see if i can use my downgrade rights. so slic 3.0 does not activate windows 7 with the correct certificate. i remember slic 2.1 was able to activate vista.

12. ggonxhi

Mar 23, 2008
    #12 ggonxhi, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    (OP)
    Everyone will have their opinion some people will like it some wont, i'm not saying its not good its just not what i was looking for. to me windows 8 start UI should had only been allowed for tablets i don't see the need of it on a desktop experience. especially for work related. my company still using windows xp because some of the programs don't work on windows 7.

13. DemonoidMaster

DemonoidMaster MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2011
    Like he said, ask someone you know that has a Win7 SP1 DVD if you can borrow it and just nuke your HDD and install Win7 instead...
    In this modern day and age, nobody pays for stuff that they can pirate... but fine, go ahaead if you wanna pay more cash for a OS when you could just do it the easy way... since anyways there are DL links on the forums for the OS'es.

14. ggonxhi

Mar 23, 2008
    Please if you do not quite understand what am i talking about don't respond, and if we all don't pay they would be no innovation. Plus my question was "would windows 7 activate with Slic 3.0 like vista did with slic 2.1 and correct certificate". no where in my posts have i asked how to install windows 7.

15. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    If you format the HDD to have MBR instead of GPT&UEFI, yes Windows 7 could be able to activate. ;)

16. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Why are you jumping through so many hoops? Why the concern about activating via other means? Morally, and even legally in some countries, there's nothing wrong with activating your Windows via any means if you have a valid license in the drawer.

17. ggonxhi

Mar 23, 2008
    Because the bios activation is future proof and the loaders are not, that's why.

18. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Since Daz' Loader emulates the necessary BIOS parts, how can that statement ever be true?

19. ggonxhi

Mar 23, 2008
    Please guys i hope none of you believe the loader and the kms is better than slic.

20. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Of course not. We don't believe. We _know_.

Edit: Besides, you're still not getting it. The Loader _is_ SLIC.