How to install windows 7 on Macbook air?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nick_martin, May 3, 2011.

1. nick_martin

nick_martin MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2010
    I wanna install win 7 on Macbook air. It doesn't have a cdroom. How can I install it? also, I want to have dualboot. what should I do? Thanks.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    You bootcamp.
    But without DVD ROM might be a challenge (on a PC you would just use USB key to boot & install)

Might be easier to buy/borrow external USB DVD ROM for that purpose

sebus

3. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    this are the instructions i followed courtesy of my dad for windows 7 on my macbook pro as a dual boot,might be same as macbook air: At the start open the Boot Camp Assistant that is in the Utilities folder in Applications option.
    After that follow the on-screen directives for downloading of the Windows support software and then to save it to a CD, DVD, or external disk.
    Then in further steps you will install the Windows support software on your Windows partition.
    Then Follow the on-screen information for creation of partition for Windows.
    After the partition just try to do the steps for the connectivity of USB to the system and then it will be a little easy for you to manage the connectivity around the system. good luck;)

4. abidullah

abidullah MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2011
    Did u fix the problem???, if no then i can help u with detailed steps and instructions, feel free to ask me or pm me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...