How to install windows 8 in GPT partition format?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by maly70, Dec 26, 2012.

1. maly70

maly70 MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Hi mates,
    I have acer windows 8 laptop, I tried to install windows 8 Pro on OEM windows 8 partition after I formatted the partition
    and I ran windows 8 Pro installation media but at the partition selection and after I selected the ntfs partition I got error that "windows cannot be installed of GPT partition"...... is it possible that the OEM windows 8 was installed in a GPT partition?
    1- how I can install windows 8 in GPT partition disk format?
    2- how I can bypass this issue and install windows 8 Pro!
    thank you in advance for any help, advice, from the experts in this wonderfull family website.:hug2:

2. =)(=

=)(= Guest

If i understand right, it says "Can't be installed to GPT partition".
    That is because you booted it in legacy mode. You must boot it in UEFI mode if you want to use GPT.
    Enter BIOS, enable UEFI, open the boot menu and select "UEFI: USBSTICKNAME".

3. maly70

maly70 MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    #3 maly70, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    (OP)
    thank you for responding mate, u are right I did try to install from Legacy mode, I will try to boot from UEFI mode and install windows 8 Pro from dvd media (did not mean usb media) sorry for that.
    I will report back just after I try to install now
    thanks mate

Thank you mate, windows is installing now after I changed to UEFI mode, no one figure it up from acer support team, I have been sufuring for 3 days now... is there any site or somewhere I can read about windows 8?
    thank you mate you saved my life.:clap3::biggrin5: