How To Install Xp on hp Pavillion dv5 - 1106ax

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by nong_mai_cha, Apr 7, 2010.

1. nong_mai_cha

nong_mai_cha MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2010
    I can't installed xp on my laptop. the dv5-1106ax is a vista preloaded machine. i need to installed xp but i cant fine the sata driver and i don't kno the procedure someone pliz help

2. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
  3. mrksem454

mrksem454 MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2010
    Well, You can use this step by step Installation:

1: Download MSXML 6.0 from Microsoft. (Default in Vista) - Install.

Step 2 is VISTA ONLY

2: Make sure UAC control in Vista is turned off. If you don't know how to do this then read this guide (method 4 is the easiest) or click the "disable UAC" in Mobility Modder.net - please note you MUST reboot after disabling UAC. If you don't want it disabled permanently, you can turn it back on after our mobility tool has finished, but it won't mod the drivers correctly with UAC ON.

3: Download the newest desktop drivers from Driver Heaven Downloads. If you are using Windows XP make sure to download .net framework from Microsoft (this is built into Windows Vista so there is no need to install it).

4: Run the downloaded driver, let it extract into c:/ATI/SUPPORT - but cancel the installation once the driver is extracted.

5: Run Mobility Modder(install) - browse to the driver in C:ATI/SUPPORT/ - an example of Catalyst 7.4 would be C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-4_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_44985 - hit modify. Wait until driver is modified.

6: In Vista, go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-4_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_44985 (Or whatever the driver installation folder was called), and run the SETUP.EXE. Please note you might see a "Driver is not WHQL certified", ignore this, as it is a side effect of the modification.

7: (Go to the setup in the support wala subfolder and install) Wait until Install is finished and reboot. Enjoy the new drivers!

EXAMPLE: Successful installation of Catalyst 7.4 over Catalyst 7.1 on
    X1800 Mobility powered Dell M2010

4. nong_mai_cha

nong_mai_cha MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2010
    thank you all for the help.... it works ...... does any one knows how to to boot the xp from flash drive..... plis help