How to know it is REAL activated?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xhtml, Aug 8, 2009.

1. xhtml

xhtml MDL Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Hi mate. I m on Lenovo. I installed OEM ultimate from the IND direct download. During installation I enter no key, but when i booted up successfully I used the Hara activation something, i don't remember. Then i'm activated, but usually pause for not available for few seconds before showing the Activated. It's activated wi Key 0044 something.
    Thus i want to ask if i'm REAL activated?
    Should I try to re activate using the leaked Lenovo key?
    Thanks for yr advice before hand

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JFMuggs

JFMuggs MDL Member

Jan 13, 2009
    At a command prompt, type:

slmgr.vbs -xpr

If it says the machine is permanently activated, you're good to go.

3. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    #3 jackdor, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    Type cmd/command prompt in Start menu/all programs/accessories
    Right-click on the first result (cmd.exe/command prompt) and click on Run as administrator (confirm by clicking Yes if required).
    Type in one at a time in to command prompt

Code:slmgr -dli
    Code:slmgr -xpr
    Code:slmgr -dlv

the first part of the key is correct

4. xhtml

xhtml MDL Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Thanks Jf and Ja. I'm going to try and get back the result. Oh Ja, i don't really understand yr advised process. May you pardon me pls?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    What part do you not understand

6. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #6 HotCarl, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    My copy does the same thing, it takes a second to show activated. As far as those commands jackdor listed, those are to be typed in an administrator (elevated) command console session. Basically, click the Start button, then type "cmd" in the Run/Search bar, then when "cmd.exe." is shown above as a result, right click on it and select "Run a Administrator". After you can type the various "slmgr" commands at the cmd prompt...

7. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    that cleaer than i put it

8. xhtml

xhtml MDL Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Jf n Ja, now i followed yrs. Now i can see my copy is REAL activated. Wow big thanks, n i'll stick to this one. Yo.