How to load slic from a bootable floppy?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cinzagalo, Nov 30, 2009.

1. cinzagalo

cinzagalo MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2008
    Hello guys.
    Is it possible to make a bootable floppy drive and load slic 2.1 from it ?

Another point: is it possible to format a usb flash drive like it was a floppy drive? I have tried using many tools but can not boot from the "floppy pendrive" and my note can and it really boot from the usb floppy but not from the pendrive! I have searched in bios setting and everything is turned on? So any idea would be of great help.

Thanks.

2. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    That's exactly what WoW patch is.

3. buzz123

buzz123 MDL Junior Member

May 9, 2009
    #3 buzz123, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. cinzagalo

cinzagalo MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2008
    Where can I get WoW 7.0.1c? The link in the MDL forum post is dead!
    Thanks.

5. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
  6. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    What about boot device order?

Did you actually make the USB stick the first device in the list too?

In case it doesnt even appear in the normal boot device list, (happens with some boards), check if your board has a temporary boot device menu. This will allow you to override the order presently saved in the BIOS, and it should display all attached bootable USB devices (including your stick) as well. Check your manual for the right key...on my board its F9...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. cinzagalo

cinzagalo MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2008
    Yes, it is the first option in the boot sequence and it looks for a bootable device on usb ( and it really does the boot when a floppy usb is connected) but not the usb pendrive.
    I am reading about his on the internet right now and I will try some tools I have found.
    Does anybody knows a working link to WoW 7.0.1c? The link posted here at the forum is dead.
    Thanks.