How to make a back-up in safe mode?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bassie995, Jan 10, 2010.

1. bassie995

bassie995 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Hi,

I want to know how I can make a full back-up of my PC in safe mode, since my graphics card is acting up, and I don't trust it too much now... I CANNOT get to normal mode... Is there a programs or a way to get it done? My Windows keeps saying I can't make a backup in safe mode.
    Thanks for helping!

Greets,
    Bassie995.

PS: I mean a FULL backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Why does the setup need to be 28 Mb? Drive Snapshot does EXACTLY the same in 248 Kb

sebus

3. bassie995

bassie995 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Install Macrium on your second machine if possible, then remove your HDD from the failing/first machine, place it in the second machine and then use Macrium to back it up.

Then you have a backup copy of everything from the failing/first machines HDD.

Sorry, probably cannot be done from safe mode, you should be backing up your machine when it is offline anyways.

@Sebus, ??? More details, you don't usually make incoherent posts. Are you saying that Macrium packs 28MB into each image.

5. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    LOL, it's not the size, it's how you use it.

If the OP cannot get Macrium to install in Safe-Mode, or have access to a second machine, maybe he can somehow manage to burn the Macrium Boot.iso and perform the imaging with from ISO.

What's that, Drive Snapshot doesn't come with an official Red Ryder carbine-action Linux based boot CD. Oh well, at least he won't shoot his eye out.